Monday, March 31, 2014

Vidya Balan, Kamal Haasan receive Padma awards


Vidya and Kamaal Haasan received their Padma Shri awards from the President of India in a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. Vidya was presented the Padma Shri, while Kamal Haasan was honoured with Padma Bhushan.


Summary


Vidya was presented the Padma Shri, while Kamal Haasan was honoured with Padma Bhushan.




Bollywood actors Vidya Balan and Kamaal Haasan received their Padma awards from the President of India in a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan today (March 31)


Vidya Balan was presented the Padma Shri award, while Kamal Haasan was honoured with the Padma Bhushan award.


The National award-winning actress had said she was thrilled at being selected for the Padma Shri, saying it is a matter of “great pride” for her.


Dedicating the honour to her family, an emotionally overwhelmed she said, “I’m thrilled. I’m overjoyed. I’m overwhelmed. I’m honoured. I’m humbled…! I’m running out of words to express my feelings and gratitude.”


Vidya Balan is known for portraying strong female protagonists in films like ‘Paa’, ‘Ishqiya’, ‘No One Killed Jessica’, ‘The Dirty Picture’ and ‘Kahaani’.


kamalhaasan-1


Superstar Kamal Haasan had said, the award would be an impetus to do more good work.


“Proud to be an Indian. India is a country with great talents in various many fields. While legions await to be honoured, I am honoured that I have been chosen for Padma Bhushan by my government”, he had said.


Kamal Haasan’s daughter and actress is a proud daughter as she tweeted, “I’m such a proud daughter today!!! Congratulations bapuji!”


Actress Priyamani, who was recently seen in Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ also said, “Congrats to Ulaganayakan #kamalhaasan for receiving Padma Bhushan today.” (With PTI inputs)





comments powered by Disqus




The Indian Express » Section » Bollywood



Vidya Balan, Kamal Haasan receive Padma awards

No comments:

Post a Comment